I recently got a sample of Raw Rev’s Glo Bars and I’m pretty much drooling just thinking about them. I have always liked other Raw Revolution bars, and these have a bit more protein. These come in 3 flavors:
- Mixed Nuts, Caramel & Sea Salt
- Creamy Peanut Butter & Sea Salt
- Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt
Things I love about them:
- They taste really, really, good.
- Most of the ingredients are organic and raw.
- There aren’t crazy ingredients. The ones with chocolate chips in them do have sugar, but it’s a pretty small amount.
- The overall nutrition is great. For such a natural bar, they pack between 10-15 grams of protein, and only 2-5 grams of sugar.
- They are decent size bars. They are either 180 or 190 calories each, but they are a normal size. (As opposed to other mini 100 calorie bars that are the size of my thumb.)
- The chocolate chunks are tiny (and the sugar is low). I don’t care for bars with huge chocolate chunks because it tastes more like a candy bar and is usually not very healthy
- They taste like a candy bar without all the sugar and weird stuff. Why is this a con? Because I went through a box of 12 in a little over week. (I did share a few with my husband though!)
- My favorite is the Mixed Nuts, Caramel & Sea Salt bar (it is SO good), but it has the least amount of protein, 10 grams, and the highest amount of sugar at 5 grams.
- They are a little bit oily, so they’re not ideal to leave in the car as an emergency snack if you’re out running errands all day.
Generally, I keep a handful of these kinds of bars in my car or bag in case I’m out all day and need a quick pick me up. I’m definitely adding these into my rotation of bars. You can find these on Amazon, but you can get 20% off your order from http://shop.rawrev.com/ using code “contact”.
If you try these or other Raw Rev bars, let mo know what you think!