This recipe is called “10 minute chocolate almond butter cups” but in reality it’s about 3 minutes of work and 7 minutes of patiently waiting for them to freeze. I have tons of different candy molds, but mini (or regular) muffin cups are even easier because the paper peels off neater and there’s no mold to clean up. I use one small bowl and a spoon. There’s practically no mess.
- First, microwave chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand which are: Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, and Shellfish Free) 30 seconds at a time until they are melted, stirring in between each cooking.
- Pour a layer of chocolate in the muffin cups.
- Then microwave a scoop of almond (or peanut, sunflower, cashew, etc butter) for about 30 seconds. Almond butter is my favorite and is already pretty runny, so microwave your choice of butter just until thin enough to easily pour into the cups.
- Layer the nut butter on top of the chocolate.
- If desired, top with another layer of chocolate.
- Freeze for 5-15 minutes or until you can’t wait any longer.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!